How To Prepare Your Home For FallOctober 12, 2017
What Are Poly Shutters?December 4, 2017
When deciding on custom window treatments for your home, plantation shutters can give you the timeless look of elegance and sophistication. There are many options to think about, such as size and color. Do you want the look and feel of wood shutters or are poly shutters right for you? Should you spend the extra money for wood shutters? Is there an aesthetic difference between the two? Let’s take a look at the advantages of using wood vs. poly plantation shutters.
- Aesthetics: Some people prefer the natural beauty of real wood. The look and luster of actual wood is visually appealing and can add value to the look of a home.
- Durability: Wood shutters are sturdy and can stand the test of time. Wood shutters will last a long time, and to some it might be worth spending the extra money to ensure quality and resilience. The only downfall is the paint can flake so you may have to re-paint areas that have been chipped.
- Wider Panels: If you enjoy the look or need a wide panel, real wood is a good idea because it is lighter in weight. Here at Regency Shutter & Shade, we are one of few companies who can make wood shutters up to 50 inches.
- Variety of colors: Wood is available to you in any color or stain, while poly is more limited. There is always a style or color that fits your décor.
The biggest advantage to using poly shutters is the cost. There is a significant price difference (up to 30%) savings than wood. If you are budget conscious, poly might be a better option. Other advantages to using poly wood shutters:
- Moisture Resistant: An added benefit of poly shutters is the fact that they are moisture resistant. If you are thinking of installing shutters in an area that is prone to moisture such as a bathroom or kitchen area, it might be a good idea to consider poly shutters as they will never expand or warp due to moisture.
- Energy Efficient: Shutters can block out harmful UV Rays and sunlight, however, Poly is shown to be 70% more efficient than traditional wood shutters.
- Durability: Poly shutters are sturdy and nearly impossible to break, chip or damage. Poly shutters are made with a special paint finish, so they will never fade or discolor. At Regency Shutters, our poly can be made up to 36-inch panels.
Regency Shutter & Shade Can Provide Your With Beautiful, Custom Shutters
Furnishing your house with the look of plantation shutters will add value, elegance and everlasting beauty. Deciding on real or poly shutters is a personal preference, and there are advantages to choosing either. Custom shutters is a big investment and you want to make the right choice for your home. You want to use a company that is knowledgeable and professional. Regency Shutters has a vast selection of shapes and sizes for custom shutters of either wood or poly – all at great prices. Call Regency Shutters today for a free shop-at-home service.